Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'm Back



So, it has been about five years since I posted anything on the old WAKV blog and I guess that exceeds Google's allowed time for dormancy... so here's a brand new blog. I will try to do better. While the title of the blog is "WAKV The Memory Station" I will be posting on a wide variety of subjects... not always connected to the station. In addition to radio and music it will reflect my interest in history, genealogy, politics, world affairs and any number of other things.

But, it seems appropriate in this first post to at least urge you to try WAKV, The Memory Station if you're within our coverage area. We're an AM station on 980 khz. And, no. To anticipate your question... we do not stream our programming on the internet. At least, not now. Maybe someday.

But, if you're within 20 or 30 miles of Plainwell, Michigan, you can probably listen to us... especially in the daytime . What you'll find is a very wide variety hits from many musical styles... from Big Bands to early Rock and Roll to great songs from the 70's and 80's to Broadway show tunes. And, for those who remember the glory days of WKMI in Kalamazoo, some familiar voices including Phil Britain, Tom Somers and myself. So, give us a try... and tell your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment